Gorgeous Garibaldi Lake Backpacking Adventure (3 days/2 nights)
You’ll want to make sure you have a camera handy for this Adventure. We’ll provide the rest, including 2 expert backpacking guides. An amazing intermediate hike, close to Whistler, and boasting turquoise-coloured waters nestled between alpine mountains and a spectacular ancient glacier. Garibaldi Lake, including Panorama Ridge & Black Tusk is one of the most scenic destinations in British Columbia.
We’ll pick your private group up at a Metro Vancouver location and will enable you to discover and treasure some of BC’s most scenic and true backcountry mountains, lakes and rivers, only 1 hour 45 minutes from Downtown Vancouver. The scenic drive up the Sea-to-Sky highway is an incredible journey itself with vistas of the most southern fjord of North America. You will have two professional Hiking and Backpacking Guides, for safety reasons and to appeal to varied interests and skill levels of guests. On arrival at our backpacking starting point, you will learn how to prepare and set up the packs for your amazing journey.
Then our experienced guides will escort you on an amazing 3-to-5-hour hike (depending on how leisurely you wish to progress), as you learn about and see the Coastal Mountains’ natural wonders. You will marvel at lush old growth forests, meadows full of wildflowers and scenic mountain landscapes abundant in wildlife. You’ll set up camp with magnificent views and in the astounding company of one of North Americas remaining southern glaciers. There are options available including exploring Garibaldi Lake, discovering Taylor Meadows with views of the towering peak of Black Tusk, hiking trails to Helm Lake or two other incredibly scenic smaller lakes that Garibaldi Lake drains into. Or we can take you up Panorama Ridge for 360 degrees of incomparable vistas, or even all the way to the top to the world-famous Black Tusk if you are up for it.
These are dramatic hiking trails consisting of uneven, rocky terrain, with some flat maintained sections, steady elevation gains and an optional scramble to achieve the most incredible panoramic views. No matter what incredible hikes you choose, you’ll learn about camp set up logistics, how to efficiently pack a backpack and be trained on backcountry safety & nutrition. In terms of food program, you can choose between experiencing a true backpacking style home-made dehydrated food experience, or if you’d prefer, a more ‘backcountry gourmet’ experience. At the end of this one-of-a kind experience, you’ll enjoy a shorter hike back to the vehicle pick up point, and then a relaxing ride back to Vancouver, full of unforgettable memories, stories and pictures.
- Fitness Level: Participants should be active, agile and must be capable of walking on dirt paths with some rough terrain for up to 30 minutes at a time. This specific tour is for intermediate fit people due to terrain conditions. Not advisable for those with respiratory or heart problems, nor is it recommended for those with significant physical disabilities. This is an active excursion, suitable for more agile guests who live an active lifestyle.
- Hiking boots or shoes: Before the trip walk-in your hiking boots for an hour at a time to avoid nasty blisters on the trail!
- Roundtrip scenic guided drive-in luxury class vehicle from Metro Vancouver to Garibaldi Provincial Park.
- Camping equipment including: Backpacks, waterproof tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mattresses, camp stools, all cooking, eating and drinking utensils, 2 lanterns, clothesline, freshwater containers and treatment.
- 3 days, with 2 Backpacking and Camping Guides for up to 10 hours per day to help you learn and appreciate backcountry camping and who will show you the best places to see and trails to hike. We will be sleeping in tents along the trail in a comfortable group-camping setting. We will teach you how to use our camping equipment like a pro and provide a myriad of stories, facts and information about the geology and ecosystems flora and fauna and mii-workshops on:
- How to pack a backpack – Guests will assist in the carrying of food, water and equipment plus personal items (a Backpacking Packing List will be forwarded with confirmation emails).
- Backcountry safety & nutrition
- How to set up backcountry camp
- Leave No Trace Principles
- Daily Breakfast, 3 Course Lunches and 3 Course Dinners Does not include breakfast on first day, nor dinner on the last day. Does not include personal alcoholic beverages. See sample Menus below. You can choose if you want to experience true backpacking style dehydrated food or if you’d prefer a more ‘backcountry gourmet’ experience.
- An amazing unforgettable trip of your lifetime!
For Detailed Itinerary, please contact us directly.