Okanagan Bespoke Adventure (with Private Luxury Class Vehicle & Driver)
An Okanagan experience just as you want it, a bespoke adventure customized to your personal desires. Your private driver guide will take you to and through BC’s incredible wine region where you will discover some of Canada’s best wines and much more. Experience sun-baked desert, scenic mountains and lakes, exclusive farm-to-table culinary gems, authentic ecotours or dozens of activity choices.
With its incredible biodiversity and perfect agricultural climate, the Okanagan Valley has drawn scientists, farmers, culinary and wine entrepreneurs who have a deep respect for the environment. Add to that, the Okanagan’s sun-baked desert, that includes one of the 4th most endangered ecosystems in Canada, which has recently become the first designated Biosphere Tourism destination in the Americas! With your personal Driver Guide you will be able to discover and treasure all the secrets of Canada’s only desert as well as the region’s incredible scenic mountains, lakes and rivers. Originating in Vancouver, or if you prefer Kelowna or Penticton, prepare to enjoy 4 glorious days/3 nights (extended option available of up to 6 days/5 nights) staying at the renowned Spirit Ridge Unbounded Collection by Hyatt, with its popular Nk’Mip Winery right on site. Visit some of the top-rated wineries in Canada and learn about the history and future of the Okanagan Wine Industry including the Okanagan’s push as world leaders in Biosphere Tourism. As you hear fascinating stories about the region, your personal Driver Guide will take you to relish some of the “got-to-go-to” incredible dining options and discover some exclusive farm-to-table gems of the culinary world, incredible food, made fresh and mainly sourced locally, including ingredients from their own family farms. Top all this off with your choice of authentic indigenous ecotours including one to a sacred lake, a revered place of healing for centuries with its fascinating colourful mineral formations. As well, enjoy eco-walks to local waterfalls, bike rides along Myra Canyon Trestle Bridge, or even learn to rock climb on Sakha Bluffs. Perhaps you just prefer to hit the beach to enjoy some sun and play some beach bocce! We will Tailor-Make your itinerary.
- Class: Easy
- Participants must be capable of walking on sidewalks or dirt paths for up to 15-20 minutes at a time.
- This Adventure CAN BE wheelchair and walker accessible.
- Your private trained professional Driver Guide and a luxury class vehicle for 4 -6 days, up to 10 hours per day to ensure all your needs and wants are taken care of, and who can provide a myriad of stories, facts and information about the geology and ecosystems aka “terroir”, the local wine and culinary industry, the local indigenous peoples and places, flora and fauna and concept of sustainability in tourism.
- 3-5 nights in a gorgeous fully equipped luxurious one-bedroom suite with kitchen, living room, and deck at the renowned Spirit Ridge Unbounded Collection by Hyatt. Discover for yourself the First Nations themed property, it’s marvellous landscapes and vistas, delicious food and wine that make Spirit Ridge a true wellness-centred indigenous oasis. https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/canada/spirit-ridge/ylwub
- Pet Friendly
- Two outdoor pools
- Two Hot Tubs
- Fire Cauldron
- Private Beach
- Roof Top Observation Deck with amazing vistas
- 24 Hour Cardio Studio
Wonderful onsite dining:
- The Bear, The Fish, The Root & The Berry
- Spirit Ridge Courtyard Market
- Footprints Beach Bar & Grill
- Nk’Mip Cellars Patio
- Sonora Dunes Golf Course Clubhouse
Amazing Activity Options:
- Solterra Desert Spa
- Sonora Dunes Golf Course
- Nk’Mip Cellars
- Nk’Mip Desert Cultural Centre
- Indian Grove Riding Stables
- Wake Pilot Watersports
Itinerary: Based on 4 days 3 nights. (Subject to variation based on guest preferences and availability)
- DAY 1 Vancouver to Garibaldi Lake
- 7:30 am – Depart from Vancouver to Garibaldi Provincial Park.
- Scenic guided 1 hr 45 min. drive up the Sea to Sky highway, rated as one of the top scenic drives in North America. You’ll pass a tangle of islands as you drive up the fjord, and the towering mountains of the Coastal Range.
- 9:30 am – Backcountry How to Pack a Backpacking Workshop – learn the art and science of packing a Backpack.
- 10:30 am – Commence 3.5-to-5-hour hike into Garibaldi Lake to set up base camp. Numerous rest stops and break for early Picnic Lunch
- Parking Lot to Garibaldi Lake – Length: 9.5 kilometres; elevation change: 810 metres 2650 feet. This well-graded trail climbs through the forest, past the Barrier and Lesser Garibaldi Lake to Garibaldi Lake. A campground with Pit Toilets is located at Garibaldi Lake. Day shelters are available for cooking.
- 2:00-3:30 pm Arrive at location and participate in “How to set up Camp Workshop”
- 4:30 – Free time & Appies
- 6:00pm – Dinner
- 7:30 pm – Free Time
- DAY 2 – Choice of Day Hikes
- 03:00 am (Optional Sunrise Hike to Panorama Ridge)
- TBA am: Breakfast: Mutually decided or staggered start time
- Garibaldi Lake to Panorama Ridge – Length: 6 kilometres; suggested time: 2 to 3 hours, one way; elevation change: 630 metres. This moderately strenuous hike provides 360 degree views of Garibaldi Lake, Sphinx and Sentinel Glaciers, and Table Mountain.
- Garibaldi Lake to the Black Tusk – Length: 6 kilometres; suggested time: 2 to 3 hours, one way; elevation change: approximately 850 metres. This moderately strenuous trail ends on the shoulder below the Black Tusk. Travel beyond this point is not possible due to hazardous conditions of falling rocks.
- Taylor Meadows to Helm Lake – Length: 4.5 kilometres; suggested time: 2 hours, one way; elevation change: 200 metres. A pleasant hike through alpine meadows past Mimulus Lake and the Black Tusk to Helm Lake.
- Garibaldi Lake Area- A leisurely hike through the valley and around the lake, Taylor Meadows and Black Tusk Meadow, Barrier and Lesser Garibaldi Lake
- 12:00 pm – Picnic Lunch along the way.
- 4:30 pm – Return to base camp: Free time & Appies
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- 7:30 pm – Free Time
Day 3 – Take it all in and descent:
- TBA am: Breakfast: Mutually decided
- 10:00 am – Break Camp
- 11:00 am – Free time R&R – go take it all in
- 12:00 pm – Lunch last meal
- 12:30 pm – Descent to Parking Lot
- 2:30-4:30 pm – Arrival at Parking lot
- 6:30 pm – Arrive back in Vancouver.
Recommendations to prepare for this adventure:
- Focus on cardio fitness – get your heart pumping for 20mins each day.
- Leg strength – practice uphill hiking at the gym using “Stairmaster” equipment.
- Squats and Lunges work well for hiking uphill (train those knees and glutes)
- Back strength – hike trails with a loaded backpack that include elevation gains and downhill descents.
- Shoulder and core training exercises – prepare for carrying a weighted backpack.
- Walk-in your hiking boots to avoid nasty blisters on the trail!